Chargeurs creates a global champion in museum heritage.

PRESS RELEASE

Chargeurs Museum Solutions creates Chargeurs Creative Collection, a network bringing together all of its museum heritage and visitor experience expertise

Chargeurs has signed exclusive head of terms for the acquisition of majority stakes in three strategic entities for Chargeurs Museum Solutions. The Group has once again accelerated its value creation by launching a new game-changing offer of complementary solutions in the value chain for museums that will be headed up by a new network of four international experts, including Leach, which was acquired in 2018.

Providing the most exhaustive array of museum heritage services on the market, Chargeurs’ multi-talented, multi-disciplined teams offer specialist advice on all aspects of visitor space, museum and exhibit installations.

A pioneer in the development of high-end game-changing offers, Chargeurs has reached a new milestone in the global expansion of Chargeurs Museum Solutions, one that is built on a solid partnership that combines the structural strengths of expert entities with major global exposure.

The acquisitions of these majority stakes, which are subject to standard due diligence, will allow the three entities, in addition to Leach, to pool their know-how and offer clients a new range of end-to-end solutions, while still retaining their respective management processes and current range of bespoke services. 2/2

Acquisitions of majority stakes in three niche companies: creation of a new global leader

In 2018, Chargeurs Museum Solutions acquired Leach Visual Solutions, the gold standard in visual communication solutions for premium retail outlets, museums and institutions.

The division has since been organized into two strategic units: industry, with Senfa Technologies, and graphic services, with Leach Visual Solutions. The acquisition of majority stakes in three niche companies has now strengthened the graphic services unit, which has been renamed Chargeurs Creative Collection. Subject to the successful outcome of the due diligence procedures, the three entities will represent combined revenues of €25 million over the full year:

Design PM, a London-based company and major player in museum heritage project management. The acquisition will enable the Group to gain greater expertise in the management of technical intensive large-scale projects by capitalizing on the experience of its founder, Christopher Cawte, who will retain a share in the company. The transactions consists in the acquisition of an immediate 80% majority stake, with the remaining 20% interest to be acquired at a second stage.

MET Studio, a London-based company founded by Alexander McCuaig 25 years ago. An iconic designer specializing in museums, exhibits and visitor experiences, it serves customers in more than 50 countries and has a very strong international outlook thanks to its presence across four continents in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and Mexico. MET Studio has won numerous art and design awards including a Museum and Heritage Award, a Grand Designs Award and the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise. The transaction consists in the initial acquisition of an immediate 71% stake in the capital of the company, to be followed by the purchase of a further 13% stake at a second stage.

Hypsos – NL, an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1910 and headed up by Mark Van Drieberge. It is a fit out contractor that offers comprehensive design project solutions for all sectors, including corporate services (installation of the Mini – BMW brandstore in Amsterdam), cultural services (Urbanian Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo) and retail sector services. The acquisition of an immediate 51% stake – and the remaining 49% at a second stage – gives Chargeurs Technical Substrates access to a portfolio of diversified, world-class customers.